Piriform on Monday announced the release of CCleaner 3.17 with wildcard support for Cookie cleaning and improved cleaning support for Google Chrome beta versions. Several other improvements and minor bug fixes are also made in the new build.
Those who are new to application, CCleaner is a freeware tool that helps you to protects your Privacy by cleaning all browsing history, removes junk files, cleans registry and thus by improves system performance.With CCleaner you can uninstall programs, clean temporary files and can fix broken shortcuts also.
Here is the release note:
- Added wildcard support for Cookie cleaning.
- Improved Google Chrome Saved Form Information cleaning.
- Improved Google Chrome History cleaning for Search Engines.
- Added Hosts history cleaning in Aurora.
- Added Shortcuts history cleaning in Google Chrome Canary.
- Improved JumpList menu to avoid possible UI lock.
- Improved option to close running browsers when cleaning.
- Improved IE AutoComplete Form History and Saved Passwords cleaning.
- Improved shortcut cleaning in Windows 8.
- Added cleaning for CyberLink PhotoDirector 10, DivX player and Snagit 11.
- Improved cleaning for Vuze, Windows Media Center, Windows Media Player, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4 and Game Explorer.
- Improved BitTorrent detection.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
CCenhancer is a small tool by singular labs for Tech savy users who want to increase the power of CCleaner. It adds support for over 500 new programs into the CCleaner. You can read about it in a previous post here.